World's End State Park

 I debated if I wanted to spend more time in the car today, but I had read about World's End State Park which was about 1.25 hours from our park and looked fabulous.  We decided to head out.  

I was not prepared for the conditions on the way to that park which consisted of windy roads and hills.  Both Booker and I got very car sick.  I began to regret my decision to travel to what I became convinced was actually the end of the world!

We got into the visitor's center and the helpful staff gave us some suggestions and we chose a challenging trail and headed out.  Any potential regrets I had were instantly gone as we hiked this AMAZING trail.

While Sisko does great off leash, Booker is not 100% reliable yet AND this was a hike along the edge of the canyon almost the entire way.  So we gave them a lot of slack but kept them firmly on leash!

They had a great time moving back forth sniffing the smells.  This trail offered some challenging spots navigating between, over and under huge rocks and they did so great!






And of course, more photo opportunities!



They are so patient with me!

This was a simply breathtaking hike - and very challenging!  3.5 hours later we got back to the car and had a late lunch at one of the picnic tables!


Comments