An object in motion

 After the week of vacation and all the hiking we did, I was sure that we would all be exhausted and just want to lay around and relax.  So I wasn't sure how the dogs would feel about joining me on a longer run today.

The minute we got up, they were full of it - jumping on one another and wrestling so I figured if they had that much energy they could join me.  So off we headed to our favorite paved trail.

The main trail is 3.3 miles one way and there are 2 parts that were extensions of the original trail.  We ran the main trail, crossed the road and went along the parking lot and kept going.  When we reached 4 miles I stopped and turned around.  

I wasn't sure if we would run the whole way back - I thought for sure Sisko would be tired but Nope!  We made it back to the start.  This was Booker's longest run!


I am one proud mama.  We got home for some well earned lunch.

After their rest we had a mini spa day.  They both got showers including a scrub down with the bath mits that they love - these mits lather them up really well, all while massaging them and removing dead hair.  After they were toweled off, they were subjected to their least favorite part - the shine spray.   But not only does it make their coats beautifully glossy, but so, so soft.

Then after getting their nails dremeled, their paws got treated with some paw balm.  I highly recommend this for dry and/ or cracked pads.  You can also rub it onto dry noses.  You'll notice a difference literally after 1 application!

Then it was definitely nap time!

The last test of the day came this evening - I still hold my breath waiting to see if Sisko starts limping again.  Happy to report he's limp free.


Comments