A dubious milestone

 This morning we hiked on a trail near us.  I've been running a lot with both dogs now thar the weather is getting cooler.  That is, of course, great exercise.  But they have been on leashes the whole time as we've been running either along our road or the multi-use trail.  

So while they been getting exercise, it doesn't really provide the intense mental exercise that running off leash, exploring, listening to commands, smelling all the smells provides.

Since this wooded trail is sparsely used, we could let them off to do all the things.

They had a great time.




As we were going along I noticed Booker overly a stump and suddenly...
He lifted his leg.
Aw man!  That was the first time that I know of that he has raised his leg too pee/ 
mark something.

I knew he would - leg lifting to mark is largely a learned behavior and Sisko is king of the "I must mark my territory!"

So now we get to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't decide to start marking things in the house.  It's also proof that he's growing up, so I want to make sure the dynamics don't change between him and Sisko.

My baby is truly growing up!


Comments