A triple win kind of day!

 Today was blazing hot.  Marc and I love the heat.  There is no air conditioning in our house.  I was at work and found out later that Marc had to leave for a couple of hours.

I checked the petcube and first noticed Booker and Sisko just snoozing on their bed.  Imagine my surprise when I saw a baby gate up blocking the doorway into our entryway.   I realized that Marc must be gone which meant Booker was out of his crate and was #1: not freaking out and #2: not destroying anything!  

Marc confirmed later that he didn't want Booker cooped up in his crate hysterically barking when it was so hot so he took a chance.  He moved the papers off my desk and tried to pick up anything Booker would potentially destroy and it worked out!!

Win 1.

Then my last appointment of the day canceled.  So I cut out an hour early, hurried home, and we loaded into the car and headed for the beach.  I ran down the trail and onto the beach while Marc walked with the dogs.  When we met up, the dogs were happily soaked and playing in the water.

As I mentioned, Booker has been having a little stranger-danger fear.  He also has decided to selectively listen.  While on the beach he did growl once towards some people approaching, but we remained calm, showed no reaction to his reaction and we were easily able to redirect him. 

While pretty far out in the water 3 guys walked by on the beach and Booker bounded through the water making a beeline for them.  He didn't listen to our demand that he stop and come back as fast as we would have liked.  But he did stop before reaching them and returned to us.

So I'm going to call those 2 events together as win 2.  Plus the guys were young and hot 🔥  so maybe he just has good taste.

Finally, Booker started to learn to swim.  He would go out on his own just until his feet couldn't touch but wouldn't start swimming.  So we kept lifting him up and holding on to him and he'd start to swim.  He'd grab the toy and then we'd let go and he'd swim until he could touch again.  He was nervous but did great for his first "lesson".  I think he's going to be quite the swimmer.

Win 3.

A great day!  And the boys loved the chance to cool off!







Comments