Splish Splash

Several years ago, a friend of mine asked me to watch her Lab while she went on vacation.  She was sweet and big and, well, not so smart, like I think of most Labs.   

The first morning we were watching her, I was in my walk in shower rinsing off my hair and suddenly felt something big push my legs so hard I had to put my hand against the wall to keep from toppling over.  I splashed the soap out of my eyes to see that Lab standing directly under the spray of the shower, looking up at it, with pure JOY on her face as the water streamed over her. 

My dogs at the time stood outside of the shower just staring at her in what I interpreted as complete disbelief.  Needless to say, Bella was my shower partner for the entire time she stayed with us!

All of my dogs have enjoyed swimming at lakes, rivers and streams that we go to in the summer, but NONE have enjoyed the times that they need to get in the shower to get a bath.

In comes Booker.  About a month ago Booker decided to explore the shower after we were done using it, which turned into him sticking his head in while the shower was on and now - well the video below shows where we're at!!!

It's an identity crisis!  Booker has channeled his inner Lab!

In all seriousness, this has me optimistic that he will be a water lover!  In the summer we are at the beach all the time playing in the water and kayaking.  So I am very hopeful that his love of the shower will translate to love of the lake!!

Comments