Michael Phelps watch out!

 Ok, well maybe not.  BUT Booker has officially learned to swim!!  I was pretty confident this day would come as Booker has been very comfortable in and around the water.  But he only pseudo-swam a little when Marc held him up a couple of weeks ago.

Today I had Juneteenth off and is has been BLAZING hot here.  So I have been looking forward to a trip to the beach and I wanted to get in some swimming practice since I am doing a triathlon on Saturday.

We paddled out as usual and landed on the beach.  Marc threw in their Water Kong which Sisko was happy to jump in and swim to get.  Then Marc threw it in for Booker and with a gentle tug on his collar, Booker was swimming!!



So maybe it isn't the most graceful or natural glide but he did it!!

After many swims and running along the beach, we had lunch and relaxed.  I then went out to start swimming.  Both dogs were pretty distressed that I was out there swimming and ran anxiously along the beach.  I pretended they were my cheering squad.

After I finished, Marc took the kayak out to paddle along the Lake Ontario shore.  Usually the lake is rough and choppy and not designed for casual kayaks like we have, but the lake was calm and smooth.  Booker was NOT happy that Marc took off without him and spent the entire time sitting at my feet, waiting not so patiently for him to return.


Both dogs also got to meet some people who wanted to say hi to them and both acted perfectly.  It was definitely a great day!

Comments