Potty training 101

 One of the most challenging aspects of training a puppy is potty training!  

I put Booker in bed with me overnight and he got restless when he needed to go which was great as he knew not to pee in the bed.  It was 1 time the first night but 4 times last night!  Hello sleep deprivation- I have NOT missed you!

The good news is each time I took him out he immediately peed.  Then we do the happy dance and praise him for going. 

We are also doing bell training which we have had success with in the past.  We have hung bells on each door and every time we take him out we take his paw and hit the bell.  This teaches him to notify us when he has to go.


Imagine my shock this morning when I heard the bells jingle and he was out in our entryway.  I quickly took him outside and he peed.  Now whether he was just sniffing around that area and accidentally hit the bells and figured he was outside he might as well go or it was on purpose I don't know.  That would be pretty remarkable for him to learn this fast!

I'm going to go ahead and assume we have a genius puppy until proven otherwise!



Comments